19 Ideas for Me Time
We’ve all been there. So stressed out we can hardly think. Our lives are hectic, we’ve got jobs or kids or both, we’ve got pets to care for and houses to keep clean and appointments to go to and it all creeps up and overwhelms us. That’s when it’s time to make some time for yourself. Here’s a list of ideas that can help you care for yourself. You deserve it.
- Get some bath bombs (I love the ones from Lush!) and soak in a hot bath. Don’t forget the candles!
- Read a new (or favorite) book – combine with your hot bath for something special.
- Get a mani-pedi. Can’t afford them or don’t have time to go out? I use jamberries, which takes like 15 minutes to do and has some amazing designs even a nail place can’t do.
- Go for a leisurely hike.
- Cuddle your pet. No pet? Cuddle a shelter animal.
- Get a massage – even a 15 minute chair massage can do miracles.
- Take time for your hobby or learn a new one – I love to crochet and sing karaoke (not at the same time!!)
- Go shopping, or at least window shopping. You can even just peruse a site like Modcloth for some nifty retro clothing.
- Join a yoga class. I love the gentle flow classes because they don’t feel like exercise, just relaxation.
- Grab a coloring book. Scientists say it’s the next best thing to meditation.
- Bake something! I love getting my hands dirty baking some cookies and then indulging in the extra cookie dough.
- Watch your favorite movie with some popcorn, a glass of wine (or a beer, or whatever suits your fancy), and a cuddly blanket.
- Do a crossword or jigsaw puzzle.
- Make a bucket list – what can you check off soon? Nothing is too small.
- Plan a “someday” vacation. I have a whole list of places to visit and I love seeing what all I can do in my different destinations.
- Binge watch a new show on Netflix. I’m currently watching Call the Midwife.
- Take a nap! Nothing like a good snooze.
- Dance party for one!! Put on your favorite upbeat music and dance like nobody’s watching.
- Go for a drive – put on your sunglasses, roll down the windows, blast your favorite music and enjoy the scenery of the back roads. It’s like a mini-roadtrip.
What do you like to do for me time?