A little bit about Astrid V. Tallaksen
Since I’m new around here, I thought I’d give y’all some random facts about me.
1. What is you middle name? V is for Victoria
2. How old are you? Old enough to know better…
3. What is your birthday? June 25
4. What is your zodiac sign? Cancer (and I’m the stereotypical Cancer)
5. What is your favorite color? It depends on the day, I vacillate between periwinkle and turquoise. (My office is turquoise)
6. What’s your lucky number? 32?
7. Do you have any pets? I have two dogs (Muffin and Harley aka “little black dog” and “big black dog”) and two cats (Rhapsody and Fugue aka “gray cat” and “black cat”)
8. Where are you from? I grew up in Huntsville, Alabama
9. How tall are you? 6 foot even
10. What shoe size are you? 10
11. How many pairs of shoes do you own? I’m so not going in my closet to count. Probably a dozen…
12. What was your last dream about? I honestly can’t remember my last dream – maybe something Tom Hiddleston or Supernatural related…
13. What talents do you have? Well, obviously writing. I’m a good singer. Also, sarcasm. I’m the queen of snark.
14. Are you psychic in any way? Does mommy clairvoyance count? Because I have eyes in the back of my head. It drives my kid crazy.
15. Favorite song? A tie between Walking on Sunshine (Katrina and the Waves) and Three Libras (A Perfect Circle)
16. Favorite movie? A tie between Dream for an Insomniac and The Last Unicorn
17. Who would be your ideal partner? Tom Hiddleston. No, but seriously my husband’s pretty ideal.
18. Do you want children? I have one and he’s plenty!
19. Did you have a church wedding? Nope. Got married in my mom’s backyard.
20. Are you religious? I believe in God. But I am definitely not religious.
21. Have you ever been to the hospital? I just recently had my gall bladder out.
22. Have you ever got in trouble with the law? Yeah I actually got arrested once for outstanding warrants for driving without a license. I missed my court date because I was in the hospital having Aidan, so the next time I got pulled over for speeding they took me to jail. I was so humiliated!
23. Have you ever met any celebrities? I volunteer at Dragon*con every year, so I’ve met a good many. My favorites have been Grant Wilson from Ghost Hunters, Kris Holden-Ried from Lost Girl, and Sylvester McCoy (the seventh Doctor)
24. Baths or showers? Baths if I want to relax, showers if I want to get clean
25. What color socks are you wearing? Mismatched Doctor Who socks! (one has the TARDIS, the other has K-9)
26. Have you ever been famous? I was once listed on Wikipedia as the origin of the word ‘sarcasm’.
27. Would you like to be a big celebrity? It would be amazing if my books got big.
28. What type of music do you like? A little bit of everything. Some rock, some country, some pop, some folk.
29. Have you ever been skinny dipping? Nope.
30. How many pillows do you sleep with? Only one.
31. What position do you usually sleep in? I usually fall asleep on my side but wake up on my back.
32. How big is your house? 5 bedrooms, but two of the bedrooms are offices.
33. What do you typically have for breakfast? I’m not a fan of breakfast.
34. Have you ever fired a gun? Nope.
35. Have you ever tried archery? I have and really liked it.
36. Favorite clean word? Squish – you can’t say it without smiling.
37. Favorite swear word? Gosh, I swear like a sailor. Picking just one is hard! I guess I’d have to choose ‘FUCK’.
38. What’s the longest you’ve ever gone without sleep? 36 hours or so.
39. Do you have any scars? I have lots of scars. I have a couple on my face from a dog attack when I was four, a big one on my knee from when a sofa bed attacked me, and then scars from various surgeries.
40. Have you ever had a secret admirer? Well, it must have been a really great secret because I have no idea.
41. Are you a good liar? I think all storytellers have to be.
42. Are you a good judge of character? Not even of the characters I create.
43. Can you do any other accents other than your own? I like to think so. One time I woke up with a British accent after falling asleep watching Bridget Jones’ Diary…
44. Do you have a strong accent? It probably depends on who I’m talking to. I’m a bit of a mimic.
45. What is your favorite accent? Mmmmmm… Scottish.
46. What is your personality type? Temperamental introvert, cynical idealist
47. What is your most expensive piece of clothing? If you don’t count my wedding dress, probably one of my amazing dresses from Modcloth (I love retro clothing, especially fifties era)
48. Can you curl your tongue? Yes.
49. Are you an innie or an outie? I assume this is talking about my belly button – innie.
50. Left or right handed? Decidedly righty
51. Are you scared of spiders? Strangely no. But I’m terrified of insects, especially ones that fly or jump.
52. Favorite food? Lasagnaaaaaaa (yep I’m Garfield.)
53. Favorite foreign food? Gyros
54. Are you a clean or messy person? Very messy.
55. Most used phrase? Oh my god.
56. Most used word? Awesome.
57. How long does it take for you to get ready? If it’s just to run to the store or an appointment, 15 minutes. For a date night, at least an hour.
58. Do you have much of an ego? I have very fragile self-esteem.
59. Do you suck or bite lollipops? Yes. Both.
60. Do you talk to yourself? Yes. And sometimes I answer myself too.
61. Do you sing to yourself? I sing to whomever will listen. And sometimes to people who don’t want to. I’m pretty much always humming something.
62. Are you a good singer? Not as good as I used to be, but yes I’ve been told I’m a good singer.
63. Biggest Fear? Being buried alive.
64. Are you a gossip? I try not to be.
65. Best dramatic movie you’ve seen? The Last Unicorn (also an amazing book)
66. Do you like long or short hair? On whom? I have long hair right now. I think it all depends on the person wearing it.
67. Can you name all 50 states of America? Do they have to be the correct names? Yes I can name them given enough time.
68. Favorite school subject? I always LOVED English. Which is probably why I’m a writer.
69. Extrovert or Introvert? I used to be an extrovert but I’m definitely an introvert now.
70. Have you ever been scuba diving? Nope – I’m claustrophobic.
71. What makes you nervous? Not being in control. Waiting for something to happen after I’ve handed it over to someone else.
72. Are you scared of the dark? Nope.
73. Do you correct people when they make mistakes? Yes, it’s a bad habit. I’ve slowly stopped myself from correcting grammar on Facebook. It tends to piss people off.
74. Are you ticklish? Sometimes.
75. Have you ever started a rumor? Not on purpose.
76. Have you ever been in a position of authority? Yes. And honestly I hated it. I was a manager at a retail store and it was horrible. I’m a mom now though so I guess that counts.
77. Have you ever drank underage? Is there anyone who hasn’t? Yeah, I drank underage.
78. Have you ever done drugs? I had an experimental phase. Nothing hard though. Cocaine, heroine, meth, all those scare me.
79. Who was your first real crush? A boy named Seth in fifth grade. He was cute and he could do backflips. And he defended me once against bullies.
80. How many piercings do you have? I still have holes for a belly button ring and two holes in each ear. Plus I used to have a tongue ring.
81. Can you roll your Rs? Yes. And I can also do the back of the throat soft French R
82. How fast can you type? About 75 wpm
83. How fast can you run? Not fast. Because I don’t run. Period. The bear will just have to eat me.
84. What color is your hair? I literally cannot remember my natural hair color. I’ve been dying it since I was 14 years old. I think it might be a dark blondish brownish color. Right now it’s brown with sort of ombre beachy highlights.
85. What color are your eyes? Dependent on mood. Somewhere between blue, gray, and green.
86. What are you allergic to? Insect stings, fire ant bites, and hydrocortisone cream
87. Do you keep a journal? I’ve tried unsuccessfully. I do good for a few days, then taper off to like once a week, then I forget about it all together.
88. What do your parents do? My mom has been a stay at home mom, but is now an empty nester, my dad and stepdad are both engineers.
89. Do you like your age? I don’t really think about it that much to be honest.
90. What makes you angry? Stupid people. And people who hate and treat other people as if they are less. These are usually the same people.
91. Do you like your own name? It’s nice to pick your own name.
92. Have you already thought of baby names, and if so what are they? I have a kid. So no more baby names for me.
93. Do you want a boy a girl for a child? I already have a little boy and that’s enough for me.
94. What are you strengths? Writing stories, being sure in my beliefs but being wise enough to consider changes, reading out loud.
95. What are your weaknesses? I’m super impatient, have a bad temper, and I hate cleaning and cooking (I’m a HORRIBLE cook)
96. How did you get your name? My dad’s side of the family is Scandinavian.
97. Were your ancestors royalty? Many many generations back, I have an ancestor who was Queen Elizabeth I’s great uncle.
98. Do you have any tattoos? I have 6 tattoos. 3 on my back, one on my right forearm, and one on each foot.
99. Color of your bedspread? White with red, orange, and turquoise mandalas
100. Color of your room? Beige but I want to paint it gray.
So that’s all about me. What else would you guys like to know?